25 December, 2018
25 December, 2018
Today, 27 October, is Karwa Chowth, which many Indian women, especially from the northern India, celebrate.
There are many such ceremonies going on in Sydney too.
This festival celebrated by women in Kartik month of the Hindu Calendar. Women hold a fast, followed by prayers for the long life of their husbands. From dawn, women spend time in company of other women, family and friends. Fasting women assemble in a common place as part of the ceremony, involving storytelling and singing and worshipping. As the moon rises, women traditionally view the moon through a sieve or veil. This can also be done by the reflection of the moon on water. Prayers for the husband’s life and health is offered as the concluding part of the ceremony.
समस्त नारीशक्ति-मातृशक्ति को पावन पर्व *करवाचौथ* की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं व मंगलकामनाएं..!!
*मनुष्य सदैव आपका ऋणी रहेगा..आपने – जन्म दिया, शिक्षा दी..इंसान की प्रथम गुरु हैं आप..!!*
*कभी – माँ बनकर जन्म दिया, विजय तिलक लगाया तो कभी बहन बनकर राखी बांधी..कभी सुहागन बन के लंबी आयु की कामना की तो पुत्री बनकर गौरवान्वित करवाया..तो सच्ची मित्र बनकर जीवन को नई दिशा दी, हौसला दिया, सहयोग किया..!!*
*हम या समाज आपका यह ऋण कभी उतार नही पाएंगे..!!*
*नारीशक्ति आपको सहस्रों नमन..!!*
*यत्र नार्यस्तु पूज्यन्ते रमन्ते तत्र देवता:*✍☘💕
Karwa Chowth is a family event, in which everybody joins in.
सिडनी, १ अक्टूबर २०१८
हिन्दू धर्म का कुछ हिन्दुओं ने सदियों से अपने फायदे के लिए दुरूपयोग किया है, और हिन्दू धर्म का अत्यंत नुक्सान किया है. यह अब भी जारी है. ऐसे हिन्दुओं का सम्बन्ध धर्म से बहुत कम पर अपने निजी फायदे व अपनी राजनीति से ज्यादा है. ये नकली हिन्दू है. हिन्दू होने का बस केवल नाटक करते है यह लोग. इन्ही की गतिविधियों से भारत देश में आज हिन्दुओं में इतना विघटन है. ऐसे लोग हर जगह है. ऑस्ट्रेलिया में भी है. ऑस्ट्रेलिया क़े नकली व तथाकथित हिन्दू नेता हिन्दू समाज को कंट्रोल करने का इरादा रखते है. अपनी एक ख़ास राजनैतिक सोच थोपना चाहते है. वे लोग हिन्दुओं क़े मठाधीश बनना चाहते हैं. वे यह चाहते हैं कि हर हिन्दू उनसे आज्ञा लेकर ही हिन्दू धर्म से सम्बंधित कोई काम करे. कुछ समय पहले अन्य लोगों द्वारा भी एक ख़ास मेला करने पर उनपर दवाव डाला गया कि वे मेला न करे. उनको बुली करने का प्रयाश किया गया. जब दवाव असफल हो गया तो मोहल्ले मोहल्ले में अपना वही मेला करने की पद्यति शुरू करना भी इनकी गतिविधिया हैं. इसके पीछे धर्म नहीं कुछ और ही कारण हैं. ये तथाकथित व नकली हिन्दू नेता सोचने को तैयार ही नहीं बल्कि अक्षम भी हैं कि हिन्दू धर्म व राजनैतिक सोच दो अलग अलग बाते हैं. अजीब नौटंकी सोच हैं इनकी. मजाक तो यह भी हैं कि अब ये लोग देश भक्त व कौन सच्चा हिन्दू हैं कौन नहीं हैं का तमगा भी देते घूम रहे हैं. किसके पोस्टर में किसका लोगो (चिन्ह) लगे, इसपर भी इनका कन्ट्रोल रहे ऐसा ये लोग चाहते है. इन्होने हमारे खिलाफ ऐसा प्रयाश दो बार किया पर इन्हे मुंह की खानी पड़ी. आप को पता ही होगा कि कर्म के आधार पर बनी व परिवर्तनशील वर्ण प्रथा को जन्म पर आधारित व अपरिवर्तनशील वर्ण प्रथा में बदलना एक स्वार्थ पर आधारित घोर अन्याय व अनुचित कुकृत्य था. आपको यह भी पता ही होगा की यह कुकृत्य किसने किया था. आँखे खोलेंगे तो देंखेंगें की वही लोग अभी भी वैसी हरकते कर रहे हैं. सामने न भी हों तो परदे क़े पीछे से कठपुतिलियों को संचालित करके अपना पुराना हथकंडा चला रहे हैं. हिन्दू धर्म को अपने निजी हितों में दुरूपयोग करना बंद होना चाहिए. इसके लिए हम सभी हिन्दुओं को इन स्वार्थी तत्वों के द्वारा इस इस प्रकार के हिन्दू धर्म के दुरूपयोग के खिलाफ बोलना पड़ेगा. इन हिन्दू धर्म के ठेकेदारों से यह कहना होगा कि तुम लोग सुधर जाओ और सही रास्ते में आ जाओ. अब हमें बोलना होगा “तुम आवाज़ दो, हम साथ हैं” इन चालू लोगो को ठीक करने में. क्योंकि हिन्दू धर्म किसी की बपौती नहीं है.
Sydney, 16 September, 2018
I had the opportunity to be with Australian Telangana Forum (ATF) members today at Upjohn Park, Rydalmere, NSW, while they celebrated Telangana Day.
This celebration included Telangana style Barbecue at site and home-cooked food, sweets and drinks.
I was made at home and was asked to give away certificates and prizes to various people and kids.
Their hospitality, zeal and “can do” attitude is worth admiring. No wonder that Telangana people are my very close friends.
Jai Telangana! Jai Bharat!!
Dr Yadu Singh
Sydney, 15 September, 2018
Attended (Lord) Ganesh Utsav, organized by Telugu Sandadi Group at Parramatta River Foreshore, Parramatta, NSW. Superbly organized event with huge crowds. Congratulations to Telugu Sandadi Group and Telugu community in Sydney.
Federation of Indian Associations of NSW (FIAN) was a proud supporter of Telugu Utsav.
Dr Yadu Singh
Sydney, 3 September 2018
Dr Yadu Singh
Sydney, 26 August 2018
Depressing scenario of our community in politics is hard to miss or ignore.
There are too many community leaders around us. Most of them, unfortunately, have no idea why they are community leaders.
All you need to do is to register an association and become a community leader. It’s an easy job. This itself is not a problem, if you want to help people and do some good things for the community.
The problem is when you form an association to serve your personal interests, advance your political career, and you have nothing to do with community work or interests. If you do this, you become a con man. You do what you are not supposed to do, and you don’t do what you are supposed to do.
Let’s see what is happening in our community. As I said above, we have far too many associations and far too many community leaders.
After many years of masquerading as community leaders, some such people turn into “journalists” to stay relevant and to get invitations from the Consulate and Government agencies. Hilariously, some of them turn back into community leaders again after a few years. The sad part is that they are unable to do a good job in either role. They are often referred as “jokers”, with very limited vision, impact and relevance. What a waste of space they are.
Many “leaders” are into things, which have nothing to do with community interests. Some examples are;
1. Contesting elections for MP seats or Council seats, while holding positions in their community associations, which, by rule, are non-political organizations. In 2016, three community “leaders” did exactly this in Chifley, Cumberland and Parramatta area. Whether they had ability or not is a separate matter, but their dismal performance in the elections is an indicator of their worth as political candidates. All these leaders lost badly and the Chifley candidate brought down the two-Party preferred vote for his party by 10% compared to the same vote 3 years earlier. This gentleman is now promoting himself as a candidate for the Upper House of NSW Parliament, ignoring the basic fact that he has not done much to deserve any such position.
2. Calling yourself an “independent” candidate, when you are a card carrying member of a political party is a new low. People are not fools. They saw through this game and refused to support this type of “independent” candidates during last Council elections.
3. You put pictures of top leaders in your event posters, without these leaders’ approval and without a guarantee that they would be attending your event. This is not only a false advertising, but it’s also unethical.
4.. Raising money purportedly to help the family of a deceased, but without establishing the need for financial help from the family before collecting the funds is idiotic. It’s worse, when they don’t return the money to the donors, after knowing that family doesn’t need the money. This is clearly illegal and wrong. Using pics of the deceased in your fundraising posters is not an acceptable behavior.
5. Lying and falsely claiming something, which you are not and haven’t done are your standard operating procedure, thinking people are fools and wouldn’t know about it. Claiming that you have been the president of an association more than 14 months before you actually were elected is despicable behavior.
6. Not doing any AGM for 4 years and not presenting financial reports to the members and Department of Fair Trading, while roaming around looking important as community leaders is another example of unacceptable behavior. Thanks to some good Gujarati community members, who brought this out in the public.
7. Allowing close family members as part of the executive committee and ignoring the concept of conflict of interest, and receiving membership fees into the personal accounts of the leaders, instead of the official account of the association was brought out recently by good community members like Amit Vyas.
8. Not having any idea or understanding about ethical behavior & governance, as is the case with some associations and community leaders.
9. Swindling and “wasting” of hundreds of thousands of your association’s funds, without any accountability, and getting away from the misdeed because the co-leaders (board members) are braindead and grossly incompetent. I myself resigned from one such association, when the executive committee (EC) would not answer the question about spending of $35000 for an overseas artist without the approval of the board, when the constitution of that association mandated prior approval of the Board for anything more than $1000.
10. Holding leadership position in community associations, while all you do is substandard activities and getting exposed by national Media is a new and worrying trend. ABC Four Corners report “Holy Cash Cow” http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/holy-cash-cows/1368776 is a burning example. An “hero” in this story is today a community leader.
11. There are some community leaders, who sell Visa sponsorships. They take $50K for sponsoring a visa. This is an illegal activity. It’s a crime in Australia to seek benefit (cash or kind) for sponsoring a visa. It is punishable with up to 2 years prison term and up to $300K fine. It appears that this illegal activity is the only business for some of the community leaders. The fraud is compounded by these con men by appearing to be “connected” and influential as a result of being seen in pics with top political leaders like ministers, Premiers and Prime Minister. As we know, having pics with Chief Ministers (Premiers) and Prime Minister in India is very difficult and is generally taken as an indicator of influence and being highly connected.
12. Some associations and community leaders have given, and still give, “role model of the community” awards to scammers and fraudsters. This they do after getting some money from the scammers. One so-called big association gave “excellence in community service” award to a thug, who took $50,000/person from three women for 457 sponsorships from his restaurant in Penrith. These women had contacted many of us. After hearing about this “excellence in community service” award to this thug, who only does this type of substandard activities, we contacted the president of this so-called big association, seeking a meeting, but he didn’t do anything and didn’t meet. Things are very frustrating and upsetting.There is a need for reflection matched with commensurate action here.
13. There is an “award giving” business in our community. Awards are often given to undeserving people, without proper scrutiny and after payments of some fees for these awards.
14. As if this was not depressing enough, we have a few without any shred of ability, community work or network in the community, who aspire to become an MP or MLC, only because they have a close proximity with a Minister (s), who is/are promoting them, ignoring the objective criteria of ability and capacity, which some others clearly have.
15. I was horrified and shocked to hear from a senior politician recently that one Councillor in Sydney from a particular political party made or tried to make money/benefits, using the position in the the Council. Thankfully, the political party dealt with that matter in the best possible manner, without exposing themselves in the media. Hilariously, this person still dreams to be a big “leader”, which is far from the reality. A classical example of substandard integrity and poor credentials for political positions, but clouded judgement due to low IQ!
16. Consulate is no less responsible for the madness in our community either. Instead of updating the list of invitees, they keep inviting past leaders, who have ceased to be the current leaders. In their recent Independence Day reception, they had 9 useless “leaders” from a failing group, most of whom were past office beaters and even included their honorary solicitor. One wonders, whether Consulate is in the business of propping up unproductive and “waste of space” so-called leaders in the community to maintain a useless army of community leaders.
Our community needs to look into community associations and should start asking questions from community leaders and community associations. We must make them accountable. We mustn’t allow such community “leaders” to damage the name and reputation of our community.
We know that the vast majority in our community is that of decent and upright people, but we also know that a minuscule minority is capable of killing our reputation and good standing in front of the broader community.
Before it’s misconstrued that my post is painting all associations and community leaders with the same brush, let me make it very clear. My intention is not to condemn all associations and people running them, because I know that many are doing wonderful work. I admire them and am grateful to them. What I am concerned about is the growing number of selfish, self-seeking and unethical (some are corrupt) people, masquerading as community leaders, who are dragging us all down.
All I am agitating for is that good people, with ability, capacity and value system, are the ones, who should be in community leadership and should be the ones, who should be getting political positions. It’s applicable to both major parties. Anything to the contrary is not good for our community’s interests or wellbeing.
Dr Yadu Singh