Sydney/24 Jan 2018
Never before in the history of India, any Republic Day celebration had more than 2 heads of state, but this is going to change on 26 Jan, 2018.
This Republic Day, there will be 10 Heads of States, who will be on the VIP Stage, watching the parade on Janpath, New Delhi.
I am reproducing the details from Times of India article. https://m.timesofindia.com/india/history-will-repeat-itself-this-republic-day/articleshow/62626878.cms
Participating Heads of States are:
1. Myanmar state counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi,
2. Indonesian President Joko Widodo,
3. Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong, 4. Malyasian PM Najib Razak,
5. Thailand PM Prayut Chan-o-cha,
6. Vietnamese PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc,
7. Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte,
8. Cambodian PM Hun Sen,
9. Laos PM Thongloun Sisoulith
10. Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bolkiah.
This shows how far India has progressed in its diplomatic relations with ASEAN with its “Act East” policy and how important a player is India now in the world geo-politics.
This is going to be a great sight to see Indian Prime Minister, Sri Narendra Modi sharing the VIP stage with 10 Heads of States on 26 January, 2018.
Jai Hind! Hindustan Zindabaad!!
Dr Yadu Singh