Sydney 8th July, 2014
INDAUS Inc had some difficulties due to issues inside the Executive Committee. Since it became impossible to resolve them, it called an Executive Committee meeting on 18th May, 2014, after Secretary, Mr Anagan Babu refused to call an EC meeting despite repeated requests. Not only did Mr Anagan Babu and Mr Stanley D’Cuz not attend the meeting, but also they tried to sabotage it. They were calling others to not attend it.
So, What is their agenda?
Not calling an EC meeting, not attending an EC meeting, telling others to not attend it, not doing anything on behalf of INDAUS and writing to people outside INDAUS seem to fit with their agenda to destroy INDAUS.
People had had enough and were not prepared to be blackmailed by these two. You expect Public Officer to play a constructive role, but he was very much part of this destructive game. Mr D’Cruz is in fact the mentor of Mr Babu in their destructive games.
This was an extra-ordinary situation, needing extra-ordinary steps.
EC meeting was called by the President and Vice President. See below.
EC Meeting passed an unanimous resolution to dissolve the committee and request an independent person and Lawyer, Mr Navjot Singh, to be returning Officer for the election on 20th July, 2014. Members will elect a new team then. There was no other option. The dysfunction created by these two had to end.
We have the unfortunate situation where these two disgruntled persons, Mr Stanley D’Cruz and Mr Anagan Babu, whose contributions have been negligible, if not negative, have tried to damage us by writing a public email to our adversaries and media. Some of our senseless adversaries are running a social media campaign against us.
There is no office bearer in INDAUS right now, until 2oth July election. There is no President or Secretary anymore.
Mr Babu wrote himself as the secretary, which is not correct. There is no Executive Committee anymore until 20th July, 204.
Contrary to their claims, INDAUS is not under the supervision of Dept of Fair Trading or anyone else. It is a disgusting and untrue claim.
Harming INDAUS of which they held high positions is exactly the behaviour of what Jai Chand and Mir Zaffer did in our Indian history. This is an ultimate disloyal conduct. This is an outrageous and despicable act on behalf of Mr D’Cruz and Mr Babu.
This indiscipline and their anti-INDAUS activities will not be tolerated and actions will take place in due course.
I enclose the EC meeting notice dated 5th May, 2014 and the Minutes of our EC meeting dated 18th May, 2014.
EC meeting request 5th May, 2014
5th May, 2014
The EC members of INDAUS Inc
Despite many requests to secretary to call an EC meeting, an EC meeting has not been called.
Similarly, despite several requests to Secretary, the list of INDAUS members has not been given to
the EC members. This is harmful to INDAUS and is clearly not satisfactory or acceptable.
We are therefore calling the EC meeting:
At 4 PM, 18th May, Sunday, 2014, Wenty League, 50 Smith St, Wentworthville NSW 2145
1. Payment approval for pending invoices and expenses incurred on INDAUS behalf
2. Financial statement and status
3. List of INDAUS members
4. Complaints about INDAUS members
5. Setting the process for Constitutional amendment to overcome the clause stating that the
first Executive Committee will work for 3 years
6. Any other issue with the approval from the Chair
Secretary, Mr Anagan Babu, and Treasurer, Mr Anil Sharma, are requested to bring all relevant
documents/statements in hard copy form to the meeting. Public Officer is requested to bring the
papers he has submitted to Dept of Fair Trading Dept, after AGM.
All EC members are requested to attend this important EC meeting.
Dr Yadu Singh Mr Gurdeep Singh
President Vice President
INDAUS Inc Minutes 18-5-14
Minutes of Executive Committee Meeting, Sunday, 18th May, 2014, Wenty League, Wentworthville, NSW.
1. Dr Yadu Singh, President
2. Gurdeep Singh, Vice President
3. Mr Jagdish Lodhia, Committee member
4. Venkata Prasad Ragipani , Committee member
5. Chidanand Puttarevanna, Committee member
6. Sarath Madhavapeddi, Committee member
7. Arun Nanda, Committee member
8. Mr Anil Sharma (who could not attend the meeting physically but came over phone, heard the resolutions and agreed with them, and who had sent an SMS earlier in the day favouring dissolution of EC, and holding fresh election)
1. Mr Abhilash Narendran (via Sarath Madhavapeddi)
2. Anagan Babu (who sent a long SMS with many words including “Anyway, I am not available today”)
1. Mr Stanley D’Cruz
2. Dr Ray Pallath
3. Mr Gaurav Nirwal (currently overseas, but has earlier expressed his desire in writing to resign from his position in EC)
Chaired by Mr Jagdish Lodhia
Meeting Chair welcomed members and declared that the quorum (which is 5 for INDAUS EC meetings) is met, and that the meeting is constitutionally valid and proper meeting. Mr Gurdeep Singh was little late but took part in all resolutions and decisions.
Background of the today’s Executive Committee was outlined as below.
On 5th May, 2014, President (Dr Yadu Singh) and Vice President (Clr Gurdeep Singh), called for an Executive Committee (EC) meeting to be held on May 18, 2014, after repeated requests for an EC meeting were not acted upon by Secretary (Mr Anagan Babu). Requests from EC members for INDAUS membership list was also declined by Secretary (Mr Anagan Babu) and Public Officer (Mr Stanley D’Cruz). It is clear that current EC is grossly dysfunctional. No EC meeting has taken place since Dec, 2013, despite numerous requests, no activity has been done by INDAUS since Aug, 2013. There is a serious question mark on the survival and reputation of INDAUS now. INDAUS is in extra-ordinary situation.
All agreed that the current EC is not functioning at all and everyone, including those who were not in the meeting today, wants the current EC to be dissolved and fresh elections to be organized to elect a new Executive Committee.
It was also debated and agreed that Community Justice Centre (CJC) route to get rid of current EC is not practical because CJC cannot force attendance of anyone without their consent. It was felt that Mr Stanley D’Cruz or Mr Babu approaching CJC on behalf of INDAUS is not appropriate because EC has not given any such authority or direction to either of them. Executive Committee (EC) meetings are the right forum to discuss, debate and decide issues in any association.
It was also debated and agreed that removal of current EC via Special General Meeting (SGM) is also not practical or necessary for various reasons, including availability of easier and more practical route of an EC meeting.
It was debated and agreed that the best, the most practical and the least harmful/disruptive option is to dissolve EC via an EC meeting, and organize fresh election under supervision of a neutral person. After all, everyone including those who were not in the meeting today wants to have current EC dissolved and new one elected.
All accepted that there is no other practical option to deal with gross dysfunction and infighting inside INDAUS EC, except to dissolve it and order fresh election under supervision of a neutral person with legal background.
Following resolutions were passed unanimously, signed by members.
1. Treasurer, Mr Anil Sharma, is requested to pay Maya Da Dhaba and Website providers within 7 days from today.
2. Current EC is hereby dissolved effective from close of business (COB) on 30/5/2014 and fresh election is to be held within 30 days, under supervision of a neutral person (Mr Navjot Singh), who is also a practising legal professional and is not a member of INDAUS.
3. Mr Navjot Singh is appointed as the Public Officer, and previous Public Officer Mr Stanley D’Cruz is removed from this position.
4. Mr Navjot Singh will take over the responsibility immediately and will complete formalities with Dept of Fair Trading Dept.
5. Mr Navjot Singh will be the returning Officer who will supervise the election, to be conducted within 30 days from 30/5/2014.
6. Mr Navjot Singh will supervise and execute the process of notice for election of INDAUS Executive committee, seeking help from outgoing President and secretary.
7. EC dissolution will be effective from COB of 30/5/14.
8. Fresh election of EC to be held on/before 30/6/14.
Mr Anil Sharma (Treasurer) came over phone, heard above resolutions, and agreed with them.
Executive Committee also decided to authorize Dr Yadu Singh (current President) to deal with any and all urgent matters, including media enquiries involving INDAUS, while new committee is getting elected. (This part was passed by everyone except Sarath Madhavapeddi, who had left the meeting by this time.)
Meeting minutes written by Dr Yadu Singh
Signed by Meeting chair: Mr Jagdish Lodhia
I urge OFBJP Australia’s Balesh Singh Dhankar, Nitin Gupta, Vijeth Shetty and others to be balanced in their commentary and include INDAUS EC meeting minutes if they can not stop from making senseless comments against us.
This is not a core OFBJP job to abuse community associations and people in them in their mad rush to become community leaders themselves. OFBJP needs to stay away from community politics and work with all associations. If they do not mend their ways, they will be harming OFBJP and BJP.
I am ashamed to have trusted Mr Stanley D’Cruz and Mr Anagan Babu, but that is life.
I did not wish to wash internal laundry publicly but have no option but respond in this manner.
I am happy to answer any question.
Dr Yadu Singh/Sydney/8th July, 2014